DEPARTMENT OF ADVOCACY & COMMUNICATION
The Department of Advocacy and Communication develops advocacy, social and resource mobilization programs and interventions to strengthen the delivery of PHC services, including mobilizing support and communicating with stakeholders and the public on the Agency’s programs and activities.
- To identify and classify stakeholders and advocacy for their support of PHC policies, programs and services
- To liaise with Departments and Divisions in the Agency to obtain relevant information or support for advocacy and mobilization activities.
- Develop a National media awareness campaign with the major media players (radio, press, etc)
- Establish a consultative mechanism for the development, field testing and publication of appropriate IEC materials in consultation with partners and the FMOH.
- Provide support to State, LGA and private providers with IEC materials.
- Develop and manage appropriate social communication campaigns to publicize PHC activities.
- Provide training for State. LGA and private providers on PHC advocacy and communication
- To publish bi-annual Agency newsletter
The Communication division creates advocacy, mobilization and communication programs and messages for informing, enhancing knowledge and deploying the value-added benefit of communication (using various channels and targeted audience) aimed at increasing understanding and encouraging positive response for the achievement of PHC programs/initiatives to deliver results.
- Policy analysis and strategies development for effective advocacy & communication of PHC program and initiatives.
- To undertake advocacy to relevant stakeholders for their support of PHC policies, programmes and services
- Communication & advocacy capacity building: training and facilitation, Media engagement.
- Behavior and social change communication
- Social mobilization & marketing
RESOURCE MOBILIZATION DIVISION
The division ensures that sufficient resources (man, money and materials) are mobilized and available for the implementation of the programmes and services of the Agency.
- To handle and coordinate all matters relating to resource mobilization for the development and revitalization of PHC system
- To maintain a database and liaise with relevant stakeholders for the mobilization of resources for the agency
- To undertake resource mobilization in accordance with extant rules and regulations
- To collaborate and harmonize with identical bodies in the States and Local Government Areas.
- To document and disclose all resources generated to relevant authorities
- To liaise with communications division in publicizing its activities
- To make sure that all units under this division work in harmony and as an entity